Jane Tara Cicchetti is known for her in-depth and personal understanding of Jungian psychology, as well as her ability to integrate that knowledge into homeopathy. She is a warm-hearted teacher with great empathy, and insight into the human soul.
Her interactive style of teaching is enhanced by beautiful power-point slides of symbols and myths from many traditions.
Watching Jane gently persuade a dreamer to understand his or her dream is always full of surprises, and the process often of great benefit to the dreamer.
In this seminar, Jane will show how to use dream imagery and mythology to better understand patients and the essence of remedies.
Using the myth of Medea, she will teach the Halogen remedies, and more specifically the iodine salts, revealing the theme of “the betrayed feminine.” There will be plenty of time for live dream analysis.
“Dream imagery is a communication from the psyche to the conscious mind of the individual dreamer. Myths, on the other hand, represent themes that are part of the suffering, conflict, and desires of humanity on a collective level. These themes are also present within homeopathic remedies, and a knowledge of the connection between certain myths and groups of remedies is an important method for understanding their healing potential.”
The seminar will include:
- Teachings on Jung’s concept of the opposites, focusing on the masculine and feminine principles that exist within all of us.
- Definition and exploration of the feminine principle and why it is an important factor in homeopathic clinical practice.
- General information on the role of myth in humanity had how that relates to materia medica.
- The Halogen remedies and their themes.
- Iodine remedies and the myth of Medea.
- Live dream analysis – demonstrating how to use Jungian dream analysis to understand the client and the symbols in his or her dream.
- How working with your personal dreams and myths improves homeopathic practice.
Suggested Reading and Reference:
- Cicchetti, Jane, Dreams, Symbols, and Homeopathy, Archetypal Dimensions of Healing, Berkley, CA, North Atlantic Books, 2003.
- Chevalier, Jean and Gheerbrant, Alain, Dictionary of Symbols, New York, NY, Penguin Books USA Inc.,1996.
This is the best dictionary of symbols that I know of. It includes meanings from many different times and cultures and avoids the trap of “this symbol means that”.
- Jung, C.G., Memories, Dreams, Reflections, Vintage Books, New York 1989
Jung’s autobiography. An important “read this first” book for entry into the mind of Jung.
Jane Tara Cicchetti has been practicing homeopathy for over 25 years and is an internationally known teacher and writer on the integration of Jungian psychology and homeopathy. She has undergone over 15 years of clinical supervision with several Jungian analysts and is the author of Dreams, Symbols, and Homeopathy, Archetypal Dimensions of Healing. Her book, which is one of the first to bring homeopathy in line with modern psychology, is available in German as well as English. Jane is currently working on a second book, Psyche, Matter, and Homeopathy, and is conducting a global proving incorporating Jungian guidelines for dream interpretation.